Most sellers make the mistake of assuming the way they live in a home is a good atmosphere in which to conduct a sale. It is not. Homebuyers are not looking for a property in which you, the seller, seem comfortable. They are looking for a property in which THEY will feel comfortable and can envision themselves settling down in. This may sound like a minor distinction, but it is actually very large. If you can wrap your mind around this fact, you will have a much better selling experience.
First and foremost, you must understand that people have different tastes. The particular chandelier or aspect of your home, which is unique, may seem appealing to you, but not to buyers. Emotionally, you must be prepared for buyers to make rude comments regarding aspects you might cherish. Remember, it is a product to be sold and nothing else. If they don’t have taste, that is their problem. On the other hand, they could be the buyers of the property you are trying to sell, which is your problem. Remember that when you are about to make a snide remark.
Before listing your property, it makes sense to address a few issues to avoid any problems.
1. Clean up closets – sellers look.
2. Clean up garages – sellers consider it a sign of how you took care of the home.
3. Clean the refrigerator – make it spotless. We are talking surgical room spotless.
4. Same goes for the oven.
5. If you have extra storage space, clean and organize it. Buyers will look everywhere.
6. Make sure all light bulbs work.
7. Fertilize the yard a few weeks before listing the home.
8. Repair leaky faucets.
9. Consider replacing worn or old fixtures.
10. Clean the windows.
Again, the goal is not to show a home you enjoy living in. The goal is to show a home they buyer could be comfortable living in. You are shooting, as much as possible, for that new home look. Finally, be sure once you’ve decided to sell, to contact Blue Sky Real Estate to get your property listed and SOLD!